How to update AVG
AVG automatically updates on a regular basis, ensuring that your protection is always up-to-date. If you need to make sure that you have the latest updates installed, you can start the update process manually.
A. Update AVG from the Internet
- Open AVG program.
- Click Update now.
If there are new update files available, AVG will download these files and update itself automatically.
B. Updating AVG offline (from a local directory)
If you need to update your AVG from local disk (e.g. when the Internet connection is not available), follow these steps:
- Find a computer that has the Internet connection, and go to free.avg.com/update.
- Select the update files you need (typically Virus definitions and All necessary modules for your operating system) and download them to a portable media, e.g. a USB flashdisk.
- Insert the flashdisk into your computer.
- Open your AVG program.
- In the menu Options, click Update from directory.
- Navigate to the flashdisk drive or to the location where you stored the update files, and click OK.
Note: It is NOT possible to update AVG from folders in the following locations:
- shared folders (without access rights for Everyone or System)
- substituted drives
- emulated drives
- other resources with limited access for System account
- Customer Support
- Technical FAQ
- AVG 2013
- AVG 2012 Free Edition
- AVG 2011 Free Edition
- AVG 9.0 Free Edition
- AVG 8.5 Free Edition
- AVG for Linux
- AVG LiveKive
- AVG Rescue CD
- AVG LinkScanner for Mac
- General Guides
- Virus FAQ
- Technical FAQ
- AVG Forums
- About Viruses & Threats
- Virus Removal Tools